Thursday, December 11, 2014

Self-Acceptance and Escape

The biggest point in the documentary to me was that this woman Angela was not self accepting and with the overwhelming amount of disappointment in her life, she decided to create her own escape. She wanted the maximum amount of pleasure out of this new life or persona she created, however she couldn't careless as to the maximum amount of pain she caused. She became so absorbed into this fairy tale she created that she drug Nev through an emotional roller coaster, cheated on her husband, and forced her daughter to lie. Seems like to me she has a lot of morality issues she needs to be cleared up. Possibly therapy, what do you guys think?

2 comments:

  1. I definitely think she needs therapy. Her mentality is so messed up and it's so sad that she had to make up all of those people. The fact that she could keep up with all of them was what surprised me. I do agree with the fact that she caused someone pain that did not deserve it. That was wrong. Angela has issues that she needs to pay way more attention to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that some sort of professional help is necessary. I think that she has a lot of problems with disappointment in herself and others, and it's just being projected onto everyone else in her life. Something I believe, though, is that she most likely suffers from mental illness that cause her to do things that are hurtful to others. I'm not excusing them because of it, but I think that's the cause of what she's doing.

    ReplyDelete