Friday, December 12, 2014

Black lives matters

In the light of black lives matter week, I thought I'd share my opinion on the violences that's taking place in America upon young black boys. One thing we should discuss or address is the social and economically disparities that eventually leads to this unjust situation. It's easy to sit here and blame the police officer for killing young black men. But why do black boys shoot black boys. Why are gangs still relevant in our communities? Why did we sell drugs to ourselves? Why d we feel the need to create this terrible image about our race? When it comes to situation like Mr. Browns', I totally agree that he should've been indicted. Shooting a person 12 of 13 bullets is absolutely awful. I don't want to hear about how that was his first time he had used in weapon and stuff. Isn't It a part of an officer is to train to use a hand gun. If felt like Mr. Was a threat, he could've kneecapped him and arrest him instead of brutally killing him like that. At any rate, we as black people are quick to create riots and blame the police officer for shooting our young boys. When in reality, black boys create these awful imagine that makes it difficult for society to accept them as honorable and respectful men. The unfortunate part is that action that takes place in black communities tints all black men. You could be a well educated and successful black man and yet be subjected based upon perception that our communities has created for blacks. Before we can start riots and screaming social imbalance, we have fix the first thing that creates this doubt and subjective attitudes towards black men which derives from the communities we live in. I guess I can say I'm thankful. I'm thankful that I have parents that values education. Parents who constantly stressed obeying the law and having the common sense of not trying to approach a police officer in A threatening way. As young black men, I think we should look at ourselves first. It's unfortunate that we are losing some black men. I send my condolences to Mr. Browns' mother and family but this perception has to CHANGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment