Friday, December 5, 2014

Certain Things About Religion

On Monday in class, we learned many different thing that pertained to religion. One thing we learned was what the three main religions were. They are Christianity, Muslim, and Islamic. I am a Christian myself and it is a very important religion.
We also learned about the four characteristics of God. One characteristic is all knowing, which is omniscient. The second characteristic is all powerful, which is omnipotence. The third characteristic is all good, which is omnibenevolence. The last Characteristic is everywhere at all times, which is omnipresence. The extra one we received is actually real, which is existence.
God equals "that which no greater can be thought." The idea of God makes the world meaningful It also gives us the chance to now also get a moral judge.
We also learned about the good and bad things religions can contribute. A few bad things we stated were that religion can sometimes contribute to wars, resisting to change, and picking on people cause you feel that their sins are bigger than others. a few good things we stated were that religion can contribute to encouraging, giving back to the community, providing community, and giving people hope and help.
The things we learned in class is something that should stay on our minds as we find out more about religions. I found this things to be very interesting since I find religion interesting and I am taking a Religious Studies course this semester. I know more about religions know and the differences that can contribute to me than I did before I became a freshman here at CBU.
Comment and tell me if you liked this Class Lesson or not.

1 comment:

  1. The class lesson was very interesting. It showed both sides of religion. I did not grow up in a relgious house hold due to my parents being immigrants from a third world country that was in havoc. They always taught me to believe in a higher power and be a good person. Being a good person is a vague thing to say to a small child. Growing up, I was exposed to other religions and for a while I thought a lot of it was fake and for some it was just a business. Then I talked to my roomate about the topic and he said that if their was a place that people could come together and bring good into the community, it is better than the opposite, kids running in the street, potentially doing illegal things. On that bases, I would say that with every good thing comes bad. Misinterpretations will happen, but the overall picture, religion has brought great things into the world.

    ReplyDelete