Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Religious or Not

When I was little, I went to church every other Sunday with my dad. I accepted Jesus into my heart when I was five and didn't really know what it meant. I went to church camps and Vacation Bible School, and I thought that I was super religious. I stopped going to church often at the beginning of middle school, but near the end, I had reaffirmed my faith in God. I even got a new bible for my birthday. Freshman year of high school, I stopped going to church as often, but my sophomore year I helped found a prayer group on campus, where we had speakers discuss their testimonies and took prayer requests. However, the busier everyone got, the less time we had to do it. Ever since then, I have not been a regular church goer, but I still believe in God and Jesus as my savior.

My question comes in where how throughout my high school years I developed false sense of religiousness. I would pray for guidance when something bad would happen or before huge tests, but I never prayed during good times and it seemed like I was always asking and not thanking. Was religion really there for me when I wasn't there for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment